[nycphp-talk] Turning on all warnings, error reporting, collecting debugging info ...

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:08:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Mitch Pirtle <mitch.pirtle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think I had xdebug enabled on my old machine but I did not notice
>> much of a difference aside from the appearance of stack traces.
>
> Xdebug really shines when you are using an IDE that is trapping those
> errors like eclipse or Zend. I had no idea what all the buzz was about
> regarding xdebug until I saw a coworker working in eclipse with PDT
> and xdebug setup. Pretty impressive.

I use vim with all the bells and whistles turned off so it doesn't
sound like xdebug is going to do much for me.

But I'm curious - can you give me an example of exactly what is
"impressive" about the said setup?

I just want to know what I'm missing exactly. If it's really that
great I suppose I could use vim for speedy typing and eclipse for
everything else.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen