[nycphp-talk] Open Source CMS for PHP5

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:17:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Mark Armendariz <lists at enobrev.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I kinda dragged that rant out, didn't I.

No, it's good. It IS easy to write to strict mode, and usually not
hard to upgrade code written otherwise.

I think the main problem is foresight: you need to have strict modes
turned on from the beginning, and enforce that requirement for all
developers on the project. Otherwise you get to a point three years
down the line where some joker wants strict mode and you can't even
begin to imagine how you're going to make your code and developers
conform to such an odd request. ;-)

Anyway, for all the CMS and framework devs who lurk on this list, it
seems that both PHP5 and strict mode support are key selling points,
and worth devoting some resources to supporting in a near-future
release, providing you can get buy-in from your devs.