[nycphp-talk] [OT] Voting

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Aug 28 11:18:46 EDT 2008

At 10:25 AM -0400 8/28/08, Ajai Khattri wrote:

>The electoral college and delegates are the fatal flaw in the system,
>allowing for the will of the people to be subverted...

As Ted Kenney's daughter (who is/was an electorate) said in an interview:

"The electoral college stops tyranny by the masses."

That's both a pretty good quote and insight into how the political
system thinks.

You see, we really shouldn't be given the right to vote because we're
not that smart. After all, half of us are below average intelligence
(by definition). Do you really want to leave your future up to people
who's main source of information comes from sound bites?

Besides, even the ones of us who are above average intelligence have
no objective source of information but rather must rely on their best
guess as to who (the talking heads at CNN and FOX news) is telling
the truth AND if what's being reported is actually factual or
something feed to them by someone else -- remember Ted Turner was
married to Hanoi Jane at one time -- you don't think she had his ear?

The bottom line is we don't know zip about anything other than our
quality of life. And, if you're not happy with *your* quality of
life, then remember there are two parties who are responsible -- not
one. We elected people (both right and left) to improve things, not
fight among themselves, blame the other side, and not get anything
done, other than pick up their paychecks, have us pay for the heath
insurance and secure their outrageous retirements -- side note: Did
you know they don't even pay into our Social Security System? That's
like the Pentagon talking our tax money and buying overseas fuel
tankers. Where do we get these bozo's? And why do they think they can
get away with such actions?

So when you see politicians pointing at everyone else for blame, then
fire all of them and don't get caught up in the blame-game because
it's designed to keep both parties in power regardless of how
ineffective they are.

A quote I saw hanging on the wall of a double-wide said "Fire the
bastards!" -- it makes sense to me.

Cheers,

tedd

--