[nycphp-talk] Htaccess and php user account

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Mon Dec 1 22:30:24 EST 2008

> If what you experienced is a common occurrence with mod_php, I hope
> others on this list will chime in. If it is I'm going to cease using
> apache and mod_php in production environments.

This has nothing to do with mod_php/Apache that I've ever seen.  It's a
configuration issue.  As I said in my talk, if security is a real concern,
don't use a shared server that's administered by who-knows-who.

Shiflett's post nails it - as does this quote:

"PHP has always been notorious for sometimes not processing requests
poorly..."

Maybe those who configure servers should learn what a double negative is
first.