[nycphp-talk] FTPing PHP scripts.

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 02:59:12 EST 2008

I don't know if anybody else has been having a problem when trying to FTP
PHP scripts. I am using "1and1" to host my website and have uploaded  PHP
scripts All have uploaded. Unfortunately some scripts are loaded correctly
and other arrive as 0 length. No matter what solution is suggested by 1and1
Tech. Support or tried, nothing appears to work I simply cannot overwrite
these 0 length scripts. I have even deleted the sub diectory and reFTPed
over new. The interesting thing is it is alway the same scripts that are 0
length, I have rename the scripts and ftp them and still no joy. I have
looked at the scripts but there is nothing to suggest anything that could
stop an FTP, which is logical anyway, as what is contained within a script
should not affect a script's upload.

"1and1" level2 support say, they cannot reproduce the problem and I am able
to demonstrate it to their level1 support, thus the reason for level1
support esculating the problem to level2 support. I have tried doing
everything they have suggested and now have used FireFTP, Filzilla and Wise
FTP5 to upload. I am now scrapping the bottom of the barrel, I would not
have thought that this has anything to do with PHP; But just in case, has
anybody else had this FTP problem and what was the solution?

Paul