[nycphp-talk] FTPing PHP scripts.

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.com
Wed Feb 6 10:31:12 EST 2008

Quoting PaulCheung <paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk>:

> I don't know if anybody else has been having a problem when trying to
> FTP PHP scripts. I am using "1and1" to host my website and have
> uploaded  PHP scripts All have uploaded. Unfortunately some scripts are
> loaded correctly and other arrive as 0 length.

You may have some binary character hiding at the beginning of your
script. Delete the first line or two and try again. If that works,
recreate what you deleted and try again. Alternatively, look at your
script in some editor that will show every character rather than just
the alphanumeric ones.

--
Michael Southwell
Vice President, Education