[nycphp-talk] Addcslashes bug

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Tue Feb 12 08:29:13 EST 2008

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:15:37AM -0500, Cliff Hirsch wrote:
>> PEAR Config writes a PHP array file like so:
>
> Your earlier description of the error coming up out of the blue makes it
> sound like you're writing out configuration files on the fly.  Is that
> the case?  If so, why?  If not, please step back and explain exactly what
> your system is doing so we don't need to waste our time guessing.

Yes, I can update config files on the fly in the admin interface. PEAR
Config loads settings from an ini file. The admin can change various
settings as required (like turn debug on/off, error text description, and a
bazillion other parameters), which are then written back to the ini file as
well as a php array file. For speed, the main system reads setting from the
php array, not the ini.

PEAR Config is awesome for this -- handles many container types (ini, php
array, php define, etc). But why addcslash failed to insert that backslash
is still the mystery.