[nycphp-talk] Best way to develop a PHP web system?

Austin Smith asmith at observer.com
Fri Feb 22 13:15:15 EST 2008

I think it'd be quite difficult to make them work well _together_ but if you
just wanted access to the same database, it wouldn't be so bad. The problem
is really on Drupal's end... they make everything quite modular, which is
nice, but the DB layer is not so modular. If you wanted to integrate Zend
Framework components into a custom Drupal module, that wouldn't be so bad
either. You can really code Drupal modules however you want as long as you
implement the right Drupal hooks.

Systems other than Drupal and Zend, I'm not so sure. I wouldn't want to try
to integrate Symfony with either, that's for sure.