[nycphp-talk] Frameworks... CodeIgnite and Symfony

Bill P. maxarbos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 23:17:23 EST 2008

I am looking into using a framework for new projects.
Most of my projects are larger CMS / User Authentication type sites that allow a main site admin and sub admins edit/add content to a site. There are also private member sections that the site admin can add and remove users from.

Currently, I have use Pear MDB2 and Log for good portions of the sites.
Most of the sites seem to be following the same overall structure, but still need the flexibility to have custom functions and such.

So this being said, I am thinking that switching to a framework would be a good next step to be able to use. I like the idea of people working on the same functionality and using tested code to create more stable and reliable applications.

I am looking at CodeIgnite and Symfony.
If anyone has used both and has any feedback, that would be great.
I also want to know if sites using either of these will be able to handle heavy load and traffic?

Thanks.
Bill