[nycphp-talk] Why do "cool kids" choose PHP to build websites instead of Java

Anthony Wlodarski aw at sap8.com
Wed Jan 2 13:01:06 EST 2008

This article was funny and yet sad...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ajax world popup that crashed my I.E. when I
clicked on 'close this window'.  When we were evaluating on how to build our
internal apps a big part of the decision came on how we would continue
support on the back end we decided to go against Java.  Working with Java
for web applications is like pulling a toe nail with a pair of pliers, not
fun stuff.  Setting up a prepackaged system in LAMP or using Xxamp depending
on your platform is much easier than getting an environment working for JSP
type pages.  Even compiling Apache/PHP/MySQL from source is easier than
working with Java web technologies.

My .02 on the matter.

Anthony Wlodarski
646-285-0500 x230