[nycphp-talk] Time Card / Scheduling Open Source Package

Wed Jan 2 22:34:42 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 5:15 PM, Gary Mort <bz-gmort at beezifies.com> wrote:
> Just about any project management software, such as BaseCamp,
> ActiveCollab, or Project Pier has time tracking abilities.

A bit biased on this one... former dotProject contributor and one of
the founders of the new fork: web2project ( http://web2project.net/ ).

Simply tracking time is easy.  You can actually do that with Notepad
using the LOG feature.  It's what you do with it that's important.
Scheduling and resource planning is one good step.  Comparing against
estimates is even better.  Tracking estimates over time and learning
people's biases for better estimating is the best of all.  ;)

dotProject and web2project do the first couple points.  I'm working on
a useful Estimation module now to automate what I've been doing by
hand.

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.