[nycphp-talk] Affilitate marketing question

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Mon Jan 14 17:25:30 EST 2008

This is outside the php realm, but this group always has interesting
insights.

Did anyone see this article in Sunday¹s Times?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/13/business/13digi.html?_r=1&ref=business&ore
f=slogin

What struck me as interesting is that most of the revenue comes from
affiliate marketing links, not adsense, according to the site owner. I¹m
curious about advertising/affiliate link revenue sources other than the
obvious adsense.

Where do I go about learning about these alternative advertising/affiliate
link revenue sources? Conferences, good tutorials, web sites (free or
commercial), industry rags, etc.

Cliff