[nycphp-talk] Emails not being received when using mail()

A. lists at nopersonal.info
Mon Jan 14 17:37:00 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble with my form processing script for the first time;
some of the email addresses I'm sending the results to aren't receiving
anything. The server sending the mail is Linux, in a shared hosting
environment.

I've googled for a solution and understand that this probably has to do
with spam filters on some mail servers flagging the mail as junk and/or
the PHP ini directive sendmail_from either being set incorrectly or not
matching the "From:" header in the email headers. For the record,
sendmail_from on the server I'm using has "no value" according to phpinfo().

Can anyone advise me on the best work-round? Would I be better of using
the Pear Mail package or maybe trying a PHP class like PHPMailer?

TIA,
Bev