[nycphp-talk] Web metrics, performance, business ideas, and programming in your jammies...

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 13:42:17 EST 2008

leam wrote:
> Side note. No, this isn't a "for class" assignment. I'm actually
> thinking through these issues because I see some good business
> opportunities here. If you are in this or a similiar business and don't
> mind sharing your insights, feel free to contact me off line. Hopefully
> I'll produce enough clear thought to help others down the road as well.
>
> Leam

OK, now I understand a bit better what the motivation is. I was under the
impression as that you run some web service using an application that you
offer and that it is a side business of the type "hobby that makes some money"
and that the performance improvement idea was more of a "let's see how much I
could squeeze out of the server box that I have". In short, I wasn't aware of
the magnitude of your undertaking.

I cannot be of any help as I have one hobby server and maybe two or three
people connecting at a time.

David