[nycphp-talk] Templating engines

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:44:34 EST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 2:33 PM, Rob Marscher <rmarscher at beaffinitive.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Cliff Hirsch wrote:
> > On 1/23/08 1:54 PM, "John Campbell" <jcampbell1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If there is a separation between the programmer and the template
> >> editor, it presents another problem.  Who is responsible for escaping
> >> the data?
>
> I decided that the view/template has to be responsible for escaping.

In principal, this has to be the way it must be done. I just get tired
of typing escape all the time.  Django escapes by default, which makes
a lot of sense.

I just discovered smarty has default modifiers:
http://www.smarty.net/manual/en/variable.default.modifiers.php

It seems like a good idea.  Does anyone use it?