[nycphp-talk] CSS problem???

Mark Armendariz lists at enobrev.com
Sun Jul 27 16:12:25 EDT 2008

Justin Dearing wrote:
> On 7/27/08, Mark Armendariz <lists at enobrev.com> wrote:
>
>>  When you really decide you don't like yourself anymore, start reading up on
>> IE's "hasLayout" property.
>>

> I never encountered that property before but it sounds like something
> Raymond Chen would think is a good idea.

It's a beast.  Here's some misc. description I found with a quick search:

""Layout" is an IE/Win proprietary concept that determines how elements
draw and bound their content, interact with and relate to other
elements, and react on and transmit application/user events."

And then later...

"Consequences of an element having, or not having "layout" can include:

    * Many common IE float bugs.
    * Boxes themselves treating basic properties differently.
    * Margin collapsing between a container and its descendants.
    * Various problems with the construction of lists.
    * Differences in the positioning of background images.
    * Differences between browsers when using scripting."