[nycphp-talk] CSS problem???

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:08:13 EDT 2008

> When you really decide you don't like yourself anymore, start reading up on
> IE's "hasLayout" property.

When in doubt:
*height:1%
min-height:0;
- - - - - -

As a side note, is anyone thinking about abandoning IE6 testing?  My
numbers on IE6 market share show it is around 20%. (my sites are US
based and tend to be "consumer" focused).  Apple has dropped support
for IE6 on their new me.com site.  I feel like once IE6 drops to 10%,
it will no longer be worth supporting.

How do most people even do IE 6 testing?  As far as I can tell, there
is no legal means to test IE6 on a mac or linux.  I was told that
microsoft has virtual PC images available for free, but that only
works on the Pro/Business editions of XP/Vista.  Microsoft should
release free copies of XP and Vista that only have a web browser and
don't allow other software to be installed.

-John C.