[nycphp-talk] GUI for SOAP/WSDL

Allen Shaw ashaw at polymerdb.org
Tue Jun 3 15:43:26 EDT 2008

Hi Gang,

Maybe I've just got GUI on the brain from Jake's post today
(http://lists.lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/talk/2008-June/025909.html --
unbelievabl), but here's my question:

I'm looking for a GUI tool (PHP or otherwise, web-based or otherwise)
that will help me understand a WSDL spec without actually reading the
file.  Docs are pretty sparse on the service I'm using, and I've waded
through many lines of WSDL trying to see what elements are required, the
name of various methods, etc.  The kind of tool I'm looking for would
parse a WSDL file and then show me a list of available methods, and for
each method the required elements, then maybe even prepare the raw SOAP
request for me (though I can't really imagine needing to see the raw
SOAP request).  Yeah, sure, that's what I get from wading through the
WSDL, but something a lot more streamlined would be a big step up.

Any hints or clues from the NYPHP gang?

(BTW, googling for words like WSDL GUI didn't seem like it was going in
the right direction...)

Thanks,
Allen

--