[nycphp-talk] mysql only host

Damion Hankejh (ingk) d at ingk.com
Tue Jun 24 09:50:02 EDT 2008

We had a horrendous experience with Mediatemple and just moved to Peer1.com.
Using their dedicated virtual (dv) 3.0 Rage package with MySQL was a
nightmare.  Queries that would usually execute in well under .5 seconds
would sometimes run well over a minute - clearly unrelated to the
application being custom built, and obviously a result of poor management on
Mediatemple's part.  Granted, we are paying more for our own dedicated
servers at Peer1 now, but we would have upgraded to private servers at
Mediatemple if their (dv) 3.0 Rage service and accompanying "VIP Support"
hadn't been such a joke.

Damion

I always seem to have slow MySQL databases with my reseller and shared
hosting. Is there such a thing as MySQL only hosting?  If so any
recommendations?

thanks,
Aaron