[nycphp-talk] safari and sessions?

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:50:03 EDT 2008

>  Is anyone aware of any subtle changes in Safari 3 that could cause
>  problems with maintaining sessions or cookies?

Safari has a default cookie policy of "only allow cookies for sites I
navigate to".  As far as I know, this is unique to Safari.  This boils
down to only allowing HTTP cookies to be set by the page in the
address bar.  My guess is that your session cookie ids are getting
created/regenerated on pages with 301/302 redirects or on pages inside
a frame and Safari is rejecting the cookies.

Check the preferences on our test computer and make sure your cookie
policy is set to the default.

John Campbell