[nycphp-talk] Apache Proxy restart error

Joe Leo joeleo724 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:13:52 EDT 2008

Hi all, I am new to the list.... I hope I could get some help with a problem
getting mod_proxy working.
I've installed mod_proxy on a debian etch server and enabled it and set my
proxy directives per some how-to doc's... (new to linux) - All seems to have
worked fine until I configured the proxy settting in directives shown below.
And, When I attempt to restart apache I get this error:

Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...Syntax error on line 10 of
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/MyDomain.com:
Invalid ProxyPass parameter.  Parameter must be in the form 'key=value'
 failed!

Below is my Vhost settings:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.100.10:80
<VirtualHost 192.168.100.10:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

        DocumentRoot /var/www/MyDomain/public_html
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None

                ProxyPass /projects/dc http://h111.MyDomain
                ProxyPassReverse /projects/dc http://h111.MyDomain

        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/MyDomain/public_html>
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                # This directive allows us to have apache2's default start
page
                # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the right
place
                #RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
        ServerSignature On

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Below is my Proxy.Conf settings:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        #turning ProxyRequests on and allowing proxying from all may allow
        #spammers to use your proxy to send email.

        ProxyRequests Off

        <Proxy *>
                AddDefaultCharset off
                Order deny,allow
                #Deny from all
                Allow from all
                #Allow from .example.com

                # Define the character set for proxied FTP directory
listings
                ProxyFtpDirCharset UTF-8
        </Proxy>

        # Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
        # ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
        # Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block

        ProxyVia On
</IfModule>

Per the error msg reported above, I am not sure what this refers to and
where to look to even try to fix:

"Parameter must be in the form 'key=value'"

Appreciate any comments/suggestions:

Joe