[nycphp-talk] sun and mysql acquisition for non-enterprise users

paul at devonianfarm.com paul at devonianfarm.com
Wed Mar 26 17:38:30 EDT 2008

Commercial support for a database is important for "enterprise" customers -- although my experience with MySQL is that I don't ever need it.

That said,  I've been dragged in the Microsoft world lately and I must say I've been quite impressed with Microsoft's support for SQL Server...  They've been pretty good at solving problems that seem really impossible.  However,  most of the SQL Server problems I've encountered have to do with gimmicky features that cause more trouble than they're worth.