[nycphp-talk] sun and mysql acquisition for non-enterprise users

csnyder chsnyder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:55:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Hans Zaunere <lists at zaunere.com> wrote:

>  While no one really knows for sure, all indications, by both Sun and MySQL
>  (and perhaps last night's meeting), is that MySQL will stay available, and
>  in fact be improved by Sun's mindshare.

As David pointed out, any MySQL release covered by GPL will be
available forever. MySQL has been playing the dual license game for a
while... if anything, Sun will probably open things even more than
they have been. Pure speculation of course, but momentum at Sun in
recent years has been in favor of freedom.

>  In other similar news, we can't forget about PostgreSQL

Why not? We have for years. (ducks)

--
Chris Snyder
http://chxo.com/