[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion vs PHP (Ruby, Perl....)

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:57:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:07 AM, David Mintz <david at davidmintz.org> wrote:
> Flame me for starting this, I know it might get religious. But:  an
> organization of which I am a member is evaluating proposals to rebuild its
> website. One of those proposals is from some folks who apparently are
> partial to ColdFusion. All I know about CF is what I just picked up from
> skimming http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColdFusion. Recognizing my bias
> towards languages that I speak, I try to keep an open mind. I am interested
> in hearing what you guys think about CF. I know I can expect a PHPish bias
> in this forum but I also know there are a lot of independent-minded,
> non-dogmatic, clear-headed, breath-takingly wise and knowledgeable... have I
> flattered you enough yet?

I don't know anything about CF but I know it's still considered to be
a good product. So if there's no overwhelming technical reason to
choose one language over the other, I'm partial to the idea that you
should use what your personnel are good at. So if you think one team
has better cred and skills, I would go with them. Just make sure you
ask some technical questions and don't get duped if their skills are
going to be the tie breaker. There area lot of smooth talkers out
there.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen