[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion vs PHP (Ruby, Perl....)

Kristina Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Thu May 1 17:21:40 EDT 2008

John --

I do believe that the popularity of PHP should be a factor in a
decision making process.  Not to say that someone should choose a
language or platform just because everyone else is...but if everyone is
choosing it, there might be a really good reason or two why.

What I wanted to do was get a discussion going on why it's so
popular...i.e. it's free, it has a great developer community, it's got
powerful features for developing web applications, it's well documented
and flexible, it's FREE...and etc.

That way someone looking into using it can see the benefits, and make
up their own mind.

Yours in empirical correctness,

Kristina :)