[nycphp-talk] Potential Setting Problem

John Campbell jcampbell1 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:30:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Phil Duffy <phil at bearingasset.com> wrote:
>  An address of localhost/seagull/www brings up the Index of seagull/www which
>  includes index.php.  However, localhost/seagull/www/index.php does not
>  execute and display the Seagull entry screen.  The behavior is identical if
>  I attempt to address phpMyAdmin.
>
>  It seems to me that I have a basic setting that is incorrect.  Can anyone
>  point me toward that?

Sounds like mod_php isn't installed / configured.  You need to install
and configure the apache php module.  I am not familiar with windows,
but you should be able to figure it out with some googling.  I suspect
it involves moving something like "mod_php5.dll" into an apache
modules folder, editing the apache .conf file to load the module, then
restarting apache.

-John C.