[nycphp-talk] Zend_Form fed by Zend_Config = Zend_Hair_Pull

Jeff Knight jeff at comprehensivity.com
Tue May 20 17:58:12 EDT 2008

So I'm trying to build a form using Zend_Form and building it with a
config file as in:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.form.elements.html#zend.form.elements.config

I'm trying to use custom validator class by adding the prefix path as
I would with
$element->addPrefixPath('My_Validator', 'My/Validator/', 'validate');

My translation of how that should be is something like this:

elements.myField.prefixPaths.validator.prefix = "My_Validate"
elements.myField.prefixPaths.validator.path = "My/Validate/"
elements.myField.prefixPaths.validator.type = "validate"

elements.myField.options.validators.Example.validator = "Example"

but it throws a "Plugin by name Example was not found in the registry"
error. "My/Validate/Example.php" does exist in the path, and works
when built as a class.

Is anyone familiar enough with this crap to point out the error in my
config syntax?