[nycphp-talk] submitting two forms with one button - possible?

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Thu May 22 11:33:43 EDT 2008

One way would be to do an ajax call to submit the form #1 data to your
database, then upon acknowledgment of success, do a regular form submit
to payal (I'm guessing the user is supposed to be redirected to paypal
to complete the transaction).

The other way would be to do a regular submit, pass all the info (paypal
also) to a second php page, which processes the form #1 data then does a
redirect to paypal. You could add the paypal info in the url (not so
nice) or paste it into a form as hidden variables, then do a javascript
automatically submitted on page load. For maximum non-javascript
compatibility, you should include a <input type="submit" value="Click
here to continue"> in the form.

~Rolan