[nycphp-talk] UPDATE: Bypassing Registration forms on vBulletin forums ...

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Mon Nov 24 22:29:22 EST 2008

Hello NYPHP,

Back in mid October, I posted a query here about badguys bypassing the
registration process on my vBulletin sites. I have since discovered
that they were not bypassing the process, they hijack it with a
Russian Hack called Xrumer. The latest version of it apparently have
the capability and is quite effective at using OCR to crack Captcha
codes including the ones used by Google and Hotmail.

Any comments on possible ways to detect and/or redirect and/or prevent automated
hacker tools like this from hijacking your site?

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                            mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com