[nycphp-talk] accessibility issue, how to solve?

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Fri Oct 17 07:14:00 EDT 2008

Hello NYPHP,

I know I am going to get some heat for this one but here goes...

Let me preface this by definitively stating that I am categorically
NOT making a request for information on how to hack into a system.
This is a legitimate programming problem that I am trying to solve.

I have a situation where a visually impaired user needs to pass his
username and password to a forum via a php script (preferably) for obvious
reasons he can not physically pass the info himself. He is using a text
reader software so once he is logged in to the forum at least he is able to
participate or a least read the contents of the threads.

The Forum Software provider has been pretty proactive in coding
"injection prevention" methods so passing the username and password
via a script may not be possible.

Any accessibility experts got any suggestions on how to solve this
problem.

TIA for any help.

--
Best regards,