[nycphp-talk] problem with localhost connection,MAMP

Brian Williams brianw1975 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:16:22 EDT 2008

a) make sure MAMP has Apache active/started

b) make sure you have MAMP set to listen to port 80 or if you can't do that
alter your URL to http://localhost:8888/test.php

c) make sure any firewall you have allows connection to localhost on port
8888 or 80 depending on what you do above

I figure the most likely reason is #a or #b