[nycphp-talk] Timing an Input Form Entry

mikesz at qualityadvantages.com mikesz at qualityadvantages.com
Sun Oct 19 02:34:34 EDT 2008

Hello Rolan,

Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 9:10:37 AM, you wrote:

> Put the timestamp of when the page was first served as a hidden variable
> in the form. Then compare it to the time when it was submitted (after
> completed).

> <input type="hidden" name="served" value="<?=time()?>">

> ~Rolan

> mikesz at qualityadvantages.com wrote:
>> Hello NYPHP,
>>
>> Greetings to All,
>>
>> I need to time how long it takes to fill out a registration form, from
>> when it is called to submission. I am trying to compare the time frame difference
>> between the form being manually filled out versus an automated script.
>>
>> Any ideas or direction about how to do this would be enormously
>> appreciated.

> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com

> signature database 3497 (20081006) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Update: I just discovered that the "robot" that is accessing and
spamming my sites it XRumer. It hacks into gmail, gets a valid gmail
account then it registers and spams as many Forum sites as it can find
to "plant" illicit links so it can exploit google's PR system.

Anyone know of an anti-XRumer script or detector?

--
Best regards,
 mikesz                            mailto:mikesz at qualityadvantages.com