[nycphp-talk] OpenID is what?

Ben Sgro ben at projectskyline.com
Thu Oct 30 11:29:27 EDT 2008

Hello Mike,

I think you have your real question here:

Having been recently hacked and several of my webmaster email account
names being hijacked by spammers, I am looking for viable solutions to
safeguard my websites and the membership of these sites.

How about fixing the problem, instead of adding new security measures?
Please define "hacked"?

Did they guess the passwords to theses accounts - Enforce
non-standard/dictionary passwords, implement password expiration policies.
Did they brute force an account - lock the account after N failed
attempts in Y minutes (example: 15 failed logins in 1 minute).
Did they sniff traffic - Require all credentials (and maybe everything)
be sent over SSL.
Did they sql inject - Bind your params & validate all user input.
Don't let someone send out >N emails in Y minutes (example: 50 emails in
1 minute) - If you control the front end to the mail, you could add some
last line of
defense checks into that.

- Ben