[nycphp-talk] Polling software

justin justin at justinhileman.info
Thu Sep 4 13:28:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Néstor <rotsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what free polling software you have use and recommend to
> use.

It depends entirely on your need.

If you just want a "quick show of hands" style poll, check out
http://checkyesorno.info or http://friendfeedback.com

For Twitter based polling, it's hard to beat StrawPoll -
http://strawpollnow.com/

If you already have a Drupal, Plone, Joomla, WordPress or phpBB site,
there are poll modules that integrate with each of those, and are
pretty slick.

If you're looking for a complete survey, rather than just a quick
poll, LimeSurvey (http://limesurvey.org) and Drupal or Plone's webform
modules are powerful, flexible and open source.

If you want a hosted solution, Dmoz has a huge list of hosted poll
providers: http://tinyurl.com/hosted-polls

Of that list, I've used PollDaddy and SurveyMonkey, and I think I like
SurveyMonkey better. Be aware that most hosted poll providers use a
tiered service approach, with limited free accounts.

justin
--
http://justinhileman.com