[nycphp-talk] Need a code diagrammer

Donald J. Organ IV dorgan at donaldorgan.com
Fri Sep 19 09:20:47 EDT 2008

Try this.

http://t3.dotgnu.info/blog/php/inclued-gives-you-clue.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Dearing" <zippy1981 at gmail.com>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at lists.nyphp.org>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 9:14:37 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [nycphp-talk] Need a code diagrammer

Folks,

Can anyone recommend something to make code diagrams from PHP code. My
requirements are as follows:

1) Pretty looking but somewhat functional. I'm presenting code to
other programmers, but I'd like something to put in a powerpoint
slide.
2) I'd prefer if it generated bitmap (png, jpeg, gif tiff) images.
Again, I want this to go in a powerpoint presentation. Since I can
take screenshots this is not that big a requirement.
3) It has to handle non object code and smarty templates. Most of my
code is contained in classes, but I have a file of functions that are
not in a static class and I'd like to to diagram the scripts in the
webroot. I also don't want it to compile the smarty templates into PHP
and diagram them.
4) (Unrelated) Does anyone know of a tool for diagramming MS SQL
databases? Visio's "Reverse engineer database" is ok, Sql management
studio database diagrams are slightly better, but lack view support.
Neither will diagram stored procs or functions, even though Visio
claims it will. if anyone has a closed source tool that does this, I
have a small open source database (will be released with the app after
I give my presentation) and I can email you a small MDF or the sql
schema. if you can get me a schema diagram appropriately sized for a
powerpoint slide.

Regards