[nycphp-talk] E-Commerce Shopping Carts

PaulCheung paulcheung at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 04:49:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Can anybody help?? I have run into a major problem, I do not understand how
shopping carts work. I have tried asking technical support of the likes of
PayPal, while they are all very knowledgeable businesswise, they are not PHP
developers. I was told that I should check my email periodically.

As a shopping cart newbie using PHP, I am lost. I understand it is develop
myself or much the easiest and best way is to use a shopping cart, which I
agree with.

>From a merchant's point of view, here is what I want. Once payment has been
made and confirmed, I want a token confirming payment (payment info) to be
sent to my site and then, without manual intervention, I want to dispatch a
confirmation email to the customer an invoice and then the goods/services to
the customer.

Is there a way of  automatically polling for this info?? Is there a better
of doing things??

Cheers

Paul