[nycphp-talk] php script timeout not working

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Sun Apr 5 18:16:31 EDT 2009

Hi Corey:

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 04:28:20PM -0400, Corey H Maass - gelform.com wrote:

> set_time_limit(1);

set_time_limit() works for your PHP code.  Streams, in a way, are outside
your PHP code.

> $handle = fopen("http://localhost/s3uploader.php", "r");
> stream_set_timeout($handle, 1);
>
> But neither timeout is working - it sits and spins while the upload
> takes place. Any ideas?

That's not working because you're opening and reading the file directly.
The timeout setting has no effect because you haven't gotten to that line
yet

Two options.  Use fsockopen() instead of fopen(), see the
stream_set_timeout() documentation for examples.  Or use
ini_set('default_socket_timeout', 1) before you call fopen().

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/