[nycphp-talk] PHP hosting and standard tool-chain for newbie?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:48:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

A young family member has a domain that I used to host until I started
doing real business with credit cards and such at which point I had to
shut her down. So now I'm wondering if I can find somewhere cheap to
host her site where she can mess around with PHP and web design.

What do you recommend for cheap PHP hosting?

Also, what is the standard tool-chain for developing your HTML, PHP,
JavaScript and then uploading it to your site? I use vim, tar and scp
glued together with shell scripts but for her I'm hoping for a really
simple point-n-click experience.

She uses a Macbook.

Mike

--