[nycphp-talk] PHP hosting and standard tool-chain for newbie?

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Thu Apr 23 16:57:45 EDT 2009

That is absolutely true, mostly. If the user does a lot of selecting of
text in Design mode and then applies numerous styles one can get back
mixed up overformatted output from Dreamweaver. But, I've noted that the
application has gotten pretty smart about consolidating redundant
overlapped styles. And, yes, if you let Dreamweaver write code for you
(like rotating divs or a menu), it will dish out some indecipherable
clogged up language. I never use that stuff myself. But, I feel that
every time I have seen a project with the automatic MM code snippets,
they are good, solid, and cross platform.

Meanwhile, I'd like to take a moment to thank all the fine people who
brought us "jquery". As of late I am trying to use jquery for
everything. And the cross platform, browser independent nature of it
seems awesome.

Seems over the last two years that client side scripting has just broken
out into fresh new heights and every cool, gee-whiz gimmick (slideshows,
dissolves, zoom, drag and drop, sort, mapping) that used to take days or
weeks to painstakingly sculpt can be knocked out in 15 min. and work
just excellently.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.