[nycphp-talk] ORM that uses more advanced MySQL features

Guilherme Blanco guilhermeblanco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:46:39 EDT 2009

Doctrine_View is able to handle views in any DBMS.

Also, you can manually map the view if you want to work on updatable
views, just like Oracle supports.

Stored procedures works on the fly, just like a common function call.
Doctrine does something like that:
In case DQL can interpret it, apply the custom workarounds, otherwise,
just bypass it to DBMS driver.

If not enough, you can use Doctrine_RawSql to create your custom DBMS
specific call, when DQL is not smart enough to handle the query
(something like UNIONS or SELECT of a selected query table: SELECT *
FROM (SELECT ...))

If you need more guidance on it, feel free to subscribe to
doctrine-user or doctrine-dev mailing lists.
We also have IRC channel at freenode #doctrine and a forum in the website.

Finally... manual have been updated a lot recently. We're releasing a
printed version in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,