[nycphp-talk] I want to take all database backup

Anirudhsinh Zala arzala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:06:34 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 11 Aug 2009 10:34:29 am Mangesh Sathe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am developing one ERP,
> i want to take backup of all database from my ERP website (by clicking on
> hyperlink / button).
>
> i want to know the steps for doing this &  which mysql queries are
> essential.

Sorry for quick answer, but you need to use utilities (commands) like
"mysqldump" or "mysqlhotcopy" to do. Just SQL queries wont help for lot of
databases.

However you may invoke above commands from web by taking proper precautions.
Otherwise just run them from console. For more information study MySQL manual.
There is enough documentation about this task.

Thanks

Anirudh Zala