[nycphp-talk] Java provides???

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:47:44 EDT 2009

Recently I've taken to the approach of using PHP as the front end
application scripting language, and building out RESTful services
using java. This lets you take advantage of the best of both - PHP for
fast prototyping, and java for the 'heavy lifting' behind a REST
layer.

I was recently asked what my 3 biggest complaints were about PHP, and
one of them was not having an app container for a stateful service,
like some sort of PHP equivalent to jetty etc.

-- Mitch