[nycphp-talk] Working with designers

Kristina D. H. Anderson ka at kacomputerconsulting.com
Thu Aug 20 10:07:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

It seems to me that in the post you refer to below, the "designers" are
confused about what a "developer" is.  A "developer" does not translate
a PDF or comp or whatever they are calling it these days into an HTML
page...that is a job for the production people in the Production
department.

By the time this thing gets anywhere near a developer, it should
already be laid out in HTML adequate to the designer's perspective,
i.e. be a dead UI that needs to be brought to life by the magic of
code.  OK most of the time the form code is rather sparse and needs to
be enhanced, but that's fine.

I'd avoid like the plague any "designers" who think developers have
time to waste doing Production layouts....what's next, I don't suppose
they'd also like us to pick up their drycleaning? :)

Kristina