[nycphp-talk] Working with designers

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Tue Aug 25 14:50:47 EDT 2009

At 9:49 AM -0400 8/25/09, lists at nopersonal.info wrote:
>Mark Armendariz wrote:
>
>>  As for my experience, I started as a graphic designer (about 12 years
>>  ago) and as a freelance PHP developer for 8 years, I've been fortunate
>>  enough to work closely with some of the best and most talented
>>  designers in the industry.
>
>That's good to know. I love doing both, but don't run across many people
>who feel the same.
>
>Bev

Bev:

Me too -- I'm a one man band combining graphic design, html, css,
javascript ajax, php and mysql all rolled into one while observing
best practices, unobtrusive and semantic code, and addressing W3C
compliance and accessibility issues.

In other words, there's a lot to know to get it right. I can see how
the division of responsibility can become blurred in a team
environment while working on large projects. Fortunately for me, my
projects don't normally exceed $20k and that appears to be a nice
cut-off for me.

In my experience, projects that are larger can go to a team, those
smaller can be handled by one person.

Cheers,

tedd
--