[nycphp-talk] Dynamically Add Links to Text

Glenn Powell glenn310b at mac.com
Thu Aug 27 17:30:42 EDT 2009

continuation from last post... and another idea...

When you get the list of record ids, select enough of the text around
the (target phrase to be "linkafied") to give it some context,
and, at the point of publication of a new article,  display those
blurbs in a list with a pre checked checkbox for each one.

When the editor publishes a new article, they get a list of only what
will be linked, with enough context to uncheck it if they
don't want it linked.

When they hit publish, either queue up the job, or just update and
create the links then.

wouldn't work so well if there were 10,000 past articles to have links
added to...