[nycphp-talk] Short Tags deprecated?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sat Aug 29 08:53:44 EDT 2009

At 3:50 PM -0400 8/28/09, Chris Snyder wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Eddie Drapkin<oorza2k5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  It's snippets like these, imho, that justify the deprecation/removal
>>  of short open tags.
>
>Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd much rather type
><?=$somevar?> than <?php echo $somevar;?>.
>
>It all comes down to what you're used to.

No, I don't think so.

I write code so that the next programmer who reviews my work can do
so easily. Making code cryptic does absolutely nothing but cause
problems for others. It doesn't mean you're a clever programmer, it
just means that you don't know any better.

Also, short tags don't work well with xml and another reason for
depreciating them.

Cheers,

tedd
--