[nycphp-talk] Short Tags deprecated?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Aug 29 14:35:51 EDT 2009

Chris Snyder wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Eddie Drapkin<oorza2k5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's snippets like these, imho, that justify the deprecation/removal
>> of short open tags.
>
> Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd much rather type
> <?=$somevar?> than <?php echo $somevar;?>.

Since I have an opinion as well I think it isn't unreasonable to require to
use the 'long' tags. They are not that much longer (three characters more) and
for those who use them often assigning a hot key for it in the editor used is
probably a smart move as well. I use only the 'long' tags.

Which short tag it is supposed to be is really like facing the task of
designing a new car and debating where the air freshener goes. But people are
creatures of habit, so I think nothing will change in the end.

David