[nycphp-talk] Returning DB results as XML or JSON?

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:11:39 EST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I'm creating a Windows Mobile application that needs to query a remote MySQL
database. For logging purposes, I want to perform the database queries on
the server instead of having the client issue the command. So my plan is to
pass the needed information from the Windows Mobile program into a PHP
script, have the PHP script query the database, then return the results in
either XML or JSON.

While this seems (and indeed is) a rather simple task, it's also fairly
tedious. Is there anything out there that can help me auto-format them in
one of those formats? Something that takes a standard results set then
transforms it into either XML or JSON?

Thanks!
Anthony Papillion