[nycphp-talk] Returning DB results as XML or JSON?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:32:35 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Ajai Khattri <ajai at bitblit.net> wrote:
> So how's the MongoDB support in Joomla going?

It's gone as far as it is going to go (a helper library) until a query
builder and proper ORM makes it into the core. There's just too much
SQL littering the codebase... The last site I built with Joomla and
MongoDB still had to use "just enough MySQL to shut Joomla up" so we
could use MongoDB for everything else.

I know there are three separate projects with Drupal using MongoDB as
well, which is cool - pretty sure they are D7 though.

Would love to see CCK on top of a noSQL solution, as that would take a
ton of complexity out of the picture. Just started playing with
FlexiContent for Joomla, and am looking at that for a possible
integration candidate.

Anybody coming to the Joomla Developer Conference this weekend? I got
offered a lightning talk, and am wondering what folks would like to
see.

-- Mitch