[nycphp-talk] Firefox 3.5.5 not rendering PHP

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Mon Dec 7 19:10:35 EST 2009

Nasir Zubair wrote:
> Just a thought, are your extensions (mysql.dll, etc) working properly?
> On windows, they can be a pain to configure.

Which is why I can only second what someone else mentioned before: download
the package from ApacheFriends and install it. Then make sure that everything
works. Then replace their htdocs folder with yours, then copy in the MySQL
databases without overwriting the system databases followed by the table
update. This approach works well, but has one flaw. I never can manage to get
the MySQL user accounts and rights to copy over correctly, so I just create
the few user accounts I have new. You may want to try backup&restore instead.
Lastly, I uncomment the modules that I need for PHP in the php.ini. I keep a
list of what I need for the projects that I run. One Apache restart later I am
up and running.

I use ApacheFriends XAMPP in production use for almost ten years and I can
only say two things about it: it always works and it is darn easy to set up.
Sure, I don't learn about the detailed configurations and such, but I am happy
with outsourcing that to Germany.

David